R&D Experience Requirements
All R&D Schools have the same Experience Requirements:
- 0 to 1st = 30 XP
- 1st to 2nd = 260 XP
- 2nd to 3rd = 10,000 XP
- 3rd to 4th = 30,000 XP
- 4th to 5th = 48,000 XP
- 5th to 6th = 68,400 XP
- 6th to 7th = 93,600 XP
- 7th to 8th = 120,600 XP
- 8th to 9th = 149,400 XP
- 9th to 10th = 180,000 XP
- 10th to 11th = 252,000 XP
- 11th to 12th = 333,000 XP
- 12th to 13th = 423,000 XP
- 13th to 14th = 522,000 XP
- 14th to 15th = 630,000 XP
- 15th to 16th = 882,000 XP – Unlocks Superior Upgrades
- 16th to 17th = 1,152,000 XP
- 17th to 18th = 1,440,000 XP
- 18th to 19th = 1,746,000 XP
- 19th to 20th = 2,070,000 XP
Materials, Components and Upgrades
Where to get items needed for R&D
|Magnesite||Bajoran Wormhole, The Cure Found, Undine Infiltration|
|Tritanium||Crystalline Catastrophe, Undine Infiltration, Colony Invasion|
|Rubidium||Crystalline Catastrophe, Undine Infiltration|
|Dentarium||Any Undine ground PvE|
|Trellium-K||Any Borg space PvE|
|Hydrazine Gas||Bajoran Wormhole, Crystalline Catastrophe, Mine Trap|
|Trionium Gas||Crystalline Catastrophe, Undine Infiltration|
|Hexafluorine Gas||Bajoran Wormhole, Crystalline Catastrophe, Undine Infiltration|
|Argonite Gas||Any Undine space PvE|
|Craylon Gas||Defend Rh’lhho Station, Mine Trap, Nukara Prime|
|Verteron Particle||Undine Infiltration, Mine Trap|
|Beta-Tachyon Particle||Undine Infiltration, Mine Trap|
|Z Particle||All PvE queues|
|Plekton Particle||Any Borg ground PvE|
|Radiogenic Particle||Crystalline Catastrophe|
How to Craft Epic Items
- Superior Tech (purple) and Experimental Tech… apply the exact same amount of item experience.
- The difference is Experimental applies 2.0 mod to the chance for rarity bump.
- So if an item has say a 5% chance with Purple tech on it… it will be 10% if you had used experimental instead. (5% is the base chance for a mk 2 to upgrade rarity as an example)
- Research Boosters come in 2 flavors. Green (1.5% mod) and Blue (2.0)
- So the highest rarity bump you can apply to an item is One Experimental (2.0) + one Blue research booster. (2.0)
- So the secret to rolling Gold weapons that I was alluding to in that post you quoted.
- Mk 2 Weapons… if you use a standard purple tech have a 5% chance to upgrade rarity. (to go to UR)… one tech on a mk 2 will apply enough Item XP to level the item to MK 7 in general (it will very a bit as the amount of XP applied can crit…. at that low level though it won’t make much difference although you may notice if you got a crit it will stop at say mk 7 but have a large amount of roll over still on the item meaning the chance to upgrade may be higher on the next upgrade attempt).
- So now I won’t allude to anything… the secret to creating gold weapons.
- Purple MK 2 weapon with mods you like… Apply one Experimental upgrade. (this will boost the base chance to upgrade from 5% to 10%)
Now add one Blue research booster (2.0 mod) now your chance to upgrade to Ultra Rare on that item will be 20%.
- You will get around 6 rolls on average on the item. (yes it will be 20% each time the item levels up a mk)
1 – ( ( 1 – x ) ^ y ) Will tell you that you have a
73% chance for any weapon upgraded this way to at least upgrade to Ultra Rare.
- After an item goes UR… the item will still have any rolls left and will have a 50% lower chance to upgrade a second time to gold. (10% in this case).
- To give you a better idea again using 1 – ( ( 1 – x ) ^ y )…
You have almost a 50/50 chance to go UR in the first 3 rolls…. then around a 25% chance the item will go gold before it finishes up at mk 7.
- Hope that helps you out.
In my xp I would say the paper numbers are about 20% higher then reality… Still I find if I upgrade 20 mk 2 this way I will end up with just shy of half being UR… as for golds that is where the paper numbers break down a bit. Over say 1000 weapons I bet it would be almost perfect to paper which would say 1-2 for every 20 weapons. In reality though doing 20 at a time (I have done this plenty of times) sometimes i get lucky and end up with 3 or so gold weapons… and other times I will roll 20 and have none.
- Regardless even at this point having a mk 7 with 4 mods you want like… crtdx4 or accx4 or what ever other combo you really want is perfect… GOLD is a Known mod. So if you choose to just keep rolling a “perfect” MK 7 UR you still have 7 more rolls where it could go gold (after this though I don’t bother with Experimental or even the rarity boosters myself… just gets to expensive to roll on one weapons) at mk 7 point its cheaper to just apply as much TP as you can (standard purple + tech boosters) to lower the D and EC costs… once its mk 14 if you really really want it to be gold you can just keep applying tech and at least gaining increased % for each fail.