Core Values define who Omega Primary is and what we are not. They define boundaries of what actions and behaviors are acceptable and which ones are not, they hold us accountable as individuals and as a group, and they guide every decision we make. It is through our belief in, and application of, our Core Values that our great reputation and constant growth, is built.
Our Core Values are not words and concepts that we toss around lightly, or pay homage to through empty lip service. They are not words that we simply chose at random, without thought and consideration. Omega Primary’s Core Values, representing both Federate and Brotherhood fleets, were carefully crafted by Fleet Management and Command. They were developed from years of accumulated knowledge, experience and mistake making – gained not just from the universe of STO, but also from numerous other fleet and guild based MMOs.
Teamwork Conscientiousness Individualism Open Dialogue
Courtesy Fun and Excitement Positive Attitude Accountability
“That’s great but do you really believe in your Core Values?”
GREAT QUESTION! And one that everyone should ask when joining a fleet, especially since a.) a shocking number consist of high ranked and experienced players who allow or promote unethical and inappropriate behaviors – like taking monetary advantage of new recruits and making them feel inadequate because they are an STO ‘newbie’, and b.) a shocking number of fleets have such a high turnover rate for new members because Management and Command does nothing to curb the negative attitudes and behaviors of its more experienced players. Good people end up hating the fleet, or worse the game, and end up leaving both.
Here is a list of some of the most common and problematic issues found in typical fleets. Ones that Omega Primary’s Core Values have helped recognize and minimize, or prevent altogether:
- You will never be charged a fee for fleet membership.
- We do not tolerate individuals with elitist attitudes, who imply or outright state that fleet members [should/must] invest in higher cost weapons and gear. Not everyone has the same spending power and nor do they have the same interests when playing STO – Management and Command is just fine with that.
- We do not tolerate individuals with elitist attitudes who [do not allow/make negative comments about] other fleet members joining their team because a.) they are not as good of a player, or b.) because their weaker and less expensive weapons and gear slows the team down and reduces end-of-mission rewards. We don’t leave anyone behind, ever. If you want into a team and mission, you’re in!
- We do not tolerate fleet members who create negative environments by constantly bashing STO and its developers for ‘bug’, ‘fix’ and ‘content’ matters. This constant (opinion based) commentary incites negative feelings and attitudes about playing STO and being part of a fleet. It diminishes group excitability and fun, and insults those fleet members who are happy with all things great about STO. These type of (opinion based) conversations, and anyone who wants to join in them should go to our “Quark’s Bar” Team Speak channel – a perfect open dialogue and free speech place.
- We do not tolerate people communicating that DPS (damage per second) is a.) the all-important, end-all and be-all of playing STO, b.) the key/main reason for being a fleet member and c.) that everyone in the fleet should play with the same mentality. This is elitist-type behavior. Pushing these ideas onto new, as well as more experienced, players causes feelings of insecurity, inadequacy and ineffectiveness – they feel that they don’t belong in the fleet or that they will never really become a respected member in the fleet because their interests and mentality is not strictly DPS focused. All they want is to have fun and experiment with toons, ships weapons and gear – which is all Omega Primary Management and Command could ever ask for!
- Fleet Management and Command who refuse to recognize and address Core Values and Code of Conduct matters, or who violate them, will be demoted with the possibility of facing Extraordinary Measures Action.
Omega Primary Fleet Command
CODE OF CONDUCT
“In a part of space where there are few rules, it’s more important than ever that we hold fast to our own. In a region where shifting allegiances are commonplace we have to have something stable to rely on. And we do. The principles and ideals of the Federation. As far as I’m concerned, those are the best allies we could have.”
– Captain Kathryn Janeway, 2372
Through the actions, deeds and core values promoted by each and every member of our Federate and Brotherhood fleets, Omega Primary has earned one of the strongest and best known reputations throughout the quadrants. Members of the United Federation of Planets, non-member worlds, and cousin Federation fleets recognize and commend our strength of character, fairness, equal opportunity and leadership. These rare qualities are the driving force behind why so many individuals, from such diverse backgrounds, cultures and play-level experience, request membership to Omega Primary fleets.
With such diversity and the constant increase in our numbers, comes the necessity of guidelines for instructing new members to veteran officers on proper etiquette and policy. These protocols, our Code of Conduct, are the fundamental support structure of our ever evolving reputation and positive growth as individuals, teammates and overall fleet. And they are the responsibility of its officers to uphold and protect.
Violation of any one guideline may lead to being placed on report, a demotion of rank, a restriction of fleet bank and store access privileges, and in some cases the invocation of the Extraordinary Measures Action – court-martial and expulsion from the fleet.
CODE OF CONDUCT GUIDELINES (not listed by order of importance):
- Respect all players and fleet members.
- Many individuals use an MMO as a means of leaving the stresses of daily life behind – even if for only a few hours. Please leave your problems at the door – we all have them and nobody wants to see or hear yours aired in STO UI chat or in the TeamSpeak environment.
- The MMOs you play, other than STO, are your business. However, discussing them in UI chat or in TeamSpeak with the intention (or perceived intention) of convincing fleet members to switch/try other MMOs, is prohibited. Recruiting fleet members to play other MMO’s immediately invokes the Extraordinary Measures Action. *This rule has come into effect due to past instances where fleet members involved with multiple MMOs have, with malicious intent, convinced other members to stop playing with the fleet. **Those who left the fleet and later realized their mistake were denied reentry.
- TeamSpeak is a place for all fleet members to come, communicate with each other, and be heard. HOWEVER, we do not tolerate troll behaviors AND we do not tolerate individuals who dominate TeamSpeak channels with constant chatter that 1.) overpowers other fleet members interest in, and ability to, communicate and that 2.) prevents a relaxed environment from being maintained.
- New members(FED Recruit/KDF Bekk) who have not played STO for 30 consecutive days, within the first 2 months of being invited into our fleet, will be removed from the roster.
- Full members(FED Admiral/KDF Warrior) who have not played STO for 90 consecutive days will be removed from the roster.
- Sexism, LGBT phobia, and racism is not tolerated.
- Sexually explicit language is not tolerated.
- Trolling will not be tolerated in STO and TS. Trolling includes spamming, bullying, harassing, stalking, dropping disco balls everywhere, and all actions that intentionally affecting fleet and non-fleet STO members’s gameplay, in a negative manner.
- Begging or asking, “Can I have that?” is neither appropriate nor appreciated – We’ve all worked hard and put in the time to earn what we have.
- When another fleet member freely offers to give something of theirs away it’s fair game to ask for it – first come first served!
- Suggestive language and hitting-on/flirting-with members is not tolerated.
- Discussions about illegal drugs are not tolerated.
- Foul and suggestive language of any manner, typed in the chat UI and spoken in the general fleet TeamSpeak channels, is not tolerated – for you potty-mouths feel free to communicate your expletive’s to each other in Quark’s Bar (designated TeamSpeak channel), as it’s always open for business and that is what it’s there for.
- Joining fleet actions after a night out with your mate’s, or while enjoying an alcoholic beverage, is not a problem – as long as you are not inebriated and of sound mind and opinion when chatting in-game.
- When collaborating with non-fleet members in team and pick-up group (PUG) events, remember who you represent and the reputation we have built.
- We do not appreciate away-from-keyboard (AFK) and leaching behaviors during team missions (this is when someone joins a team-action mission just for the rewards and purposely does not participate) – these behaviors directly contradict Omega Primary’s core values and therefore gives cause to invoke the Extraordinary Measures Action.
- Buying EC or any type of gear from Internet vendors outside of STO, acts against Perfect Worlds Code of Conduct and therefore acts against Omega Primary’s – the Extraordinary Measures Action will immediately be invoked against violators.
- Hacking and modifying game files immediately invokes the Extraordinary Measures Action.
- Fleet members who become non-active for a period of two months will be removed from the roster – this action is not personal, but a safeguard for ensuring continual fleet growth and fleet promotion activities.
- Players who are removed from the roster due to inactivity simply need to request re-recruitment and their previous rank and privilege will be reinstated.
- Command should be made aware of any extended absence from the fleet, to prevent ongoing concern for the individual and prevent removal from the roster.
- Parsing is only allowed for private use – Command prohibits the publishing of numbers and results of those fleet members who do not consent to sharing them.
- ENJOY, RELAX, IMMERSE, DEVELOP NEW FRIENDSHIPS AND HAVE FUN!!!
Ω Omega Primary Fleet Command